Who’s ready for an all-inclusive vacation? Today we are going to discuss an ultimate destination for families of all types. Ryan’s family just returned from Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Resort and we’ll find out why this resort needs to be on your “must visit” list!
Check out episode 7 for an overview of all AIC all-inclusive resorts.
Where is Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya?
It’s About an Hour’s Car Trip South of Cancun Airport
Set up transfer beforehand (Cancun airport is nutzo!)
The Resort’s 2 Sides
- Hacienda (families and adults)
- Heaven (adults-only, most of the time)
The Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya is a Very Large Resort
- 1,000 guest rooms and resorts (but it does not feel “full”, really surprised me)
- Meeting areas/weddings
- HR’s signature music theming throughout
- Manmade lagoon style beach
- Food (Buffet, Mexican, steakhouse, teppanyaki, pizza, poolside, bars, room service)
- Rockaway Bay water park
- Nightly shows
- Woodward ($)
- Spa ($)
- Kids club*
- Escape Room*
- Music Lab Activities*
- Golf ($) and tennis
- Excursions arranged through Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya (we did dolphin excursion through Delphinus)
And much more!
This was my kids first experience with A-I vacation
How we managed our time/expectation/activities
The staff at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya was simply fantastic!
Covid Testing! at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
- No testing to get into Mexico.
- Filled out health Questionnaire
- My wife and I are both vaccinated
- HRRM has included COVID testing and a quarantine plan
- To fly into US tests 72 hours before flight
The testing procedure:
1. Registered for Verifly App (suggested by American Airlines)
2. Registered with lab (directed by HRRM)
3. Went to the convention center on Monday to schedule (passports and registration)
4. Given Wed/Thurs as options (flying out Friday at 1 pm). Wed at 2:10 pm
5. Waited 5 min to get tests. Nose swab Antigen test
6. Got results emailed in 17 minutes
7. Loaded results into Verifly
8. Showed Verifly at the airport (saved lots of time inline)
9. Had to fill out another health questionnaire at the airport and that was confusing)
There were multiple steps with but each was easy…this should not hold you back from traveling.
What do you want to know about Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya?
Please let us know in the All Things Travel Facebook group!
Contact Us to book your magical vacation today!
Please Help Us Keep the Show Going!
Please support us by Subscribing to All Things Travel Show on your favorite app:
Please share it with some friends while you’re here.
Next on All Things Travel, Episode : What would you like us to discuss?
Previously on All Things Travel, Episode : .