If you want to enjoy sailing into exotic ports but not ready to travel with thousands of other passengers, we’ve got reasons why you’ll love river cruising.
Reasons You Enjoy Cruising
- Ocean cruising can be affordable
- The convenience of having your hotel on the boat
- Entertainment options on and off the boat
- Visiting new cities and countries
- Getting away and relaxing
Who Does River Cruising Appeal To?
- Multi-generational families
- Travelers who want more time to immerse themselves into a destination
- Travelers who want a more intimate experience
- Those prone to motion sickness or sea sickness
What is River Cruising?
- A cruise on a vessel on a river instead of the ocean
- River cruises go through countries instead of to countries
- Smaller ships, thus smaller cabins
- Fewer restaurants onboard, but still dining on the ship
- More time at port and less time on the boat
- Generally slower pace than ocean cruising
- More immersion into the destination ports
- Local entertainment onboard
- Alcohol and coffee are usually included on River cruises
- More theming than on ocean cruises
- Fewer passengers on the vessel and in ports
- You can usually see land from both sides of the boat.
Reasons to love River Cruising
- Fine dining
- Picturesque views
Where are Places You Can Enjoy River Cruising?
There are more river cruising destinations than Europe!
- In the United States
- Hudson River
- Mississippi River
- Columbia River
- South America
- The Nile!
What Are the Accommodations Like on River Cruise Vessels
- Staterooms are generally designed for 2 people.
- Wi-fi is generally included
- Type of rooms and views, fewer inside staterooms
Contact Ryan to book your magical vacation today!
Current Promotion (as of 10/14/2020):
AmaWaterways Triple Savings for select Holiday Cruises:
- Save up to $1,000 per person
- Complimentary stateroom upgrade
- $50 per person onboard credit
Includes select holiday Christmas Market cruises and New Years Cruises on the Danube and Rhine Rivers. Scroll down to enjoy images of the Christmas Market cruises.
Please Help Us Keep the Show Going!
Please support us by Subscribing to All Things Travel Show on your favorite app:
Please share it with some friends while you’re here.
Enjoy a few more images!
Riquiwihr, France Christmas Market Sweets
Heidelberg, Germany Christmas Market
Heidelberg, Germany Christmas Market Castle
Cologne, Germany Christmas Market Ice Skating
Next on All Things Travel: Episode 18: What would you like us to discuss?
Previously on All Things Travel: Episode 16: Dad-Daughter Disney Trip.